Crystal's Knitting Blog

A record of my successes and failures (frog it!) as a knitter. I've got a lot to learn but I'm not doing too bad ;-)

Monday, November 13, 2006

I finally finished my fourth pair of longies (which makes soaker #5). I had a heck of a time finding time to graft the crotch (must concentrate!) but now all that is left is the drawstring. I'll try to post pictures of my finished works tomorrow :) Next up? Gonna try a soaker for Gavin (who is getting HUGE) our of Patons SWS...not quite the ideal yarn to work with, but they're soft and were 2/$10 at Michaels which is great when we're on such a tight budget. I'm crossing my fingers for some yummy yarns for Yule, goodness knows Mike has seen me drooling over the yarn at Irish Baby Knits and Blackberry Ridge enough times! Maybe I can scrounge some money together to get some before then, Kairi has outgrown all of her diaper covers except one or two (you try getting a size18months Nikky on a 35lb toddler! not fun.) and she's not ready for big girl panties away from home.

I'm also really wanting to knit a Panta for Granny, she'd LOVE it... she's always wearing these thread-bare bandanas on her head and she's always cold (at 79 years old and on blood-thinners, I can understand being cold a lot) so I know she would really appreciate it. Mike... yea I don't think I'll have time/money to knit him anything until after the holidays, but he doesn't mind... he's patiently waiting the sweater I've been promising him for two years now. Gotta learn intarsia first lol

One day I will knit something for myself. Goddess knows I've seen quite a few patterns I absolutely love! Like...
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTcruelty.html
http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lpullovers/138.html
http://www.magknits.com/chilly04/patterns/donna.htm
http://www.yarnmarket.com/projects/W...p_Top-370.html


Someday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home